Facility Management or FM is the concept formulated to support business operations, improve productivity, provide a professional appeal and maintain an appealing appearance. Companies, which haven’t thought of facility management, contemplate it seriously and institute an FM department.
What is Facility Management (FM)?
Facility Management is a comprehensive service that combines different sections of an organization. The facility manager and the FM team under the individual would be keeping a schedule of activities that ensure proper upkeep of the premises, maintenance of equipment, hygiene of the institution, and so on.
The facility management team would spring into action in case of any defects or issues with any of the commonly used items. By instituting the corrective measures at the earliest they affirm a seamless functioning of the entity. Having several sections to look after and combining different teams, Facility Management is a complex task to monitor and comply with.
Why is Facility Management important in an office?
Facility management integrates several people, places, and equipment in an organization. The person handling the activities needs to have exemplary managerial skills. Time management, man-management, and material management play a significant role in facility management. One thing to note here is that facility management software has reduced the human efforts required (about which we would discuss later).
Let’s see the reasons why facility management is important in an office:
An entity or an office with efficient facility management in place will work like well-oiled machinery. The facility manager would be monitoring the periodicity when a servicing falls dues, the daily cleaning activities, the maintenance of different areas, and so on. He or she would be manipulating the tasks depending on the availability of the team. Yes, the facility management cannot be left for the next day if a particular employee from the team is on leave. The manager should look into the requirement and do the needful.
Think of the expense when you repair equipment. What if it frequently breaks down? It can lead to an unacceptable budget overhead, right? Facility management will help the company to maintain the equipment and related components properly. Thereby reducing the probabilities of breakdown or frequent repair. The budget for the same would be minimal considering the exorbitant charges for replacement parts, labor costs, etc.
Efficiency of the Employees
Employees would find it gratifying and comfortable to work in a well-organized office or industrial space. An unhealthy surrounding, improper infrastructure, and demotivating overall atmosphere can impact their psyche. Consequently, their productivity, positive attitude, and dedication towards work may get hampered. You are simply avoiding such possibilities by setting up a facility management team in your entity.
Impress the Guests and Clients
Facility management would help create a positive impression at first sight itself. The clean and tidy setup and well-preserved premises would silently proclaim how organized the company is. Such an orderly entity ought to serve results. Isn’t it good when the other person understands your firm without you telling anything?
Benefits of facility management software
Facility management is an amalgamation of different activities happening simultaneously. This is not the case with one day but of every day. Facility management software would resolve most of the lacunae that arise during the activities.
The benefits offered by facility management software are:
- Easy to maintain a proper calendar of events and activities. The software would highlight the upcoming requirements and the maintenance tasks falling due.
- It helps in managing the men, material, and time. The usage of material would be readily available for the manager, to place an order in case required. Similarly, the men on leave will enable him or them to manipulate the teams accordingly. The time-specific activities can be initiated in time and augmented with additional employees on a case-to-case basis.
- It offers accurate reporting and maintenance of data without the requirement of a physical register. Any responsible member from the management can have the data at any point in time, in a single click.
- Constant monitoring of processes is enabled by facility management software. The progress can be noted down and the time to complete the work can be calculated with the support of the software.
- It also aids in integration of different sections or departments for better capabilities.
We believe that both facility management and facility management software are essential for every organization, irrespective of its size. Facility management improves workplace productivity and growth prospects of the firm.