Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Global Handheld Ultrasound Imaging Devices Market, 2020-2030” report to its list of offerings.
According to industry experts, handheld ultrasound imaging devices are being adopted at a faster pace by different end-users owing to their higher efficiency and wider applicability. Further, these devices have proven to be useful in quarantining patients demonstrating symptoms of pleural wall thickening and lung congestion, a characteristic of pneumonia, as well as observed in patients suffering from the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
To order this 235+ page report, which features 95+ figures and 110+ tables, please visit this – https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/view_document/handheld-imaging-devices/319.html
Key Market Insights
Nearly 100 handheld ultrasound imaging devices are presently available / under development
Close to 85% of the aforementioned scanners use linear and curved / convex transducer arrays. Further, to offer variations in image visualization, about 46% of these devices support more than two modes of imaging, including brightness mode (B-mode), color doppler, motion mode (M-mode), pulsed wave, power doppler and tissue harmonic mode.
70% of scanners are based on smartphone applications
Handheld devices using abovementioned type of software are primarily being used for gynecology / obstetrics (32%), urological (21%) and abdomen (12%) scanning. It is worth mentioning that customized software-based scanners are preferred in emergency medicines and hospital operating rooms, owing to their ease of handling .
Partnership activity has grown at an annualized rate of nearly 43%, between 2016 and 2019
Majority of the collaborations signed in this domain were reported to be distribution and supply agreements (over 30%). In addition, key value drivers in majority of the agreements were expansion of market reach and incorporation of advanced features in devices.
Demand for handheld ultrasound scanners is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 12.1%, between 2020 and 2030
Presently, over 80,000 units of handheld ultrasound scanners are estimated to be used for diagnostic imaging purpose by physicians. In fact, scanners offered by Butterfly Network, Clarius Mobile Health, Fujifilm, GE Healthcare, Siemens Healthineers and Philips are estimated to cater to more than 80% of the current demand for such devices.
Handheld ultrasound scanners are estimated to enhance radiologists’ efficiency by ~10%
Owing to their light-weight, portability and advanced imaging features, these devices allow radiologists to perform more number of scans (as compared to conventional stationary devices) in a single day. In fact, by 2030, we anticipate net annual cost savings of over USD 30 billion to be brought about by the adoption of handheld ultrasound scanners.
By 2030, North America and Europe are anticipated to capture over 70% of the market opportunity
The market in European regions is anticipated to grow at a relatively faster rate (12.2%). In terms of end-users, by 2030, hospitals are likely to represent the largest share of the market, followed by ambulatory surgical centers (25%) and specialty clinics (16%).
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit – https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/319/request-sample.html
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leading developers of handheld ultrasound imaging devices?
- What are the key application areas for handheld ultrasound imaging scanners?
- What is the potential usability of handheld ultrasound scanners devices for lung scanning in COVID-19 patients?
- Which partnership models are commonly adopted by stakeholders in this industry?
- What is the annual global demand for handheld ultrasound imaging devices?
- What is the impact of COVID-19 on the demand for handheld ultrasound imaging devices?
- What is the likely cost saving potential associated with the use of handheld ultrasound imaging devices?
- What are the key factors influencing the adoption of handheld ultrasound imaging scanners, among different end-users?
- How is the current and future opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
The USD 1.1 billion (by 2030) financial opportunity within the handheld ultrasound imaging devices market has been analyzed across the following segments:
- Application Area
- Cardiac Scanning
- Emergency Medicines
- Gynecological / Obstetrics Scanning
- Musculoskeletal Scanning
- Pulmonary Scanning
- Urological Scanning
- Vascular Surgery
- Other Application Areas
- Type of Transducer Array
- Other Scanners
- Type of Software
- Smartphone Applications
- Customized Software
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Imaging Centers
- Maternity Clinics
- Specialty Clinics
- Other End-Users
- Key Geographical Regions
- North America
- Asia-Pacific and the Rest of the World
The research covers brief profiles of key players engaged in the development of handheld ultrasonic diagnostic imaging devices; other popular industry players featured in the report include:
- Aidmax Medical
- Beijing Konted Medical Technology
- Biim Ultrasound
- CJ Medical
- Guangzhou Top Medical Equipment
- Interson Medical Instruments
- Somax Systems
- WuHan Youkey Bio-Medical Electronics
- Yor Labs
For additional details, please visit
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- Large Volume Wearable Injectors Market (5th Edition), 2020-2030
- Companion Diagnostics Market (2nd Edition), 2019-2030
- Liquid Biopsy and Other Non-Invasive Cancer Diagnostics Market (3rd Edition), 2019-2030: Focus on Circulating Tumor Markers such as CTCs, ctDNA, cfDNA, Exosomes and Other Biomarkers
About Roots Analysis
Roots Analysis is one of the fastest growing market research companies, sharing fresh and independent perspectives in the bio-pharmaceutical industry. The in-depth research, analysis and insights are driven by an experienced leadership team which has gained many years of significant experience in this sector. If you’d like help with your growing business needs, get in touch at [email protected]
Roots Analysis Private Limited
+1 (415) 800 3415
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/RootsAnalysis
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/roots-analysis/mycompany/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/RootsAnalysis