Marijuana is one of the renowned drugs in the world of addiction. The Alcohol rehabilitation center in Pune says that the drug can be considered as useful in many cases, but then people use it as an addiction which is surely not beneficial for their health. The Alcohol rehabilitation center in Pune states that the Marijuana is obtained from dried leaves, flowers, stems, and seeds from the Cannabis sativa Cannabis indica plant having Family as Cannabaceae.
The Addiction Treatment Center in Mumbai says that facts about drug abuse:
- The addicting drug is used by around 158.8 million people in the world which is more than 3.8% of the planet’s population.
- Sadly, 6.7% between the age group 12-18 were marijuana users in 2007.
- As per the estimation of the US government, domestic marijuana production has unfortunately increased tenfold over the last twenty-five years i.e. from 1,000 metric tons (2.2 million pounds) in 1981 to 10,000 metric tons (22 million pounds) in 2006.
- Of grown-ups 26 or more who utilized marijuana before age 15, 62% proceeded to utilize cocaine eventually in their lives; 9% proceeded to utilize heroin in any event once; and 54% utilized mind-altering doctor prescribed medications.
- Followed by alcohol, Marijuanais the second most drug found substance in the bodies of drivers which are involved in fatal automobile accidents.
How do people use Marijuana?
Individuals smoke weed close by moved cigarettes (joints) or in channels or water funnels (bongs). They additionally smoke it in blunts—exhausted cigars that have been halfway or totally refilled with cannabis. To abstain from breathing in smoke, a few people are utilizing vaporizers. These gadgets pull the active ingredients (counting THC) from the cannabis and gather their vapor in a capacity unit. An individual at that point breathes in the vapor, not the smoke. A few vaporizers utilize a fluid cannabis removal. Individuals can blend weed in food items (edibles, for example, brownies, treats, or sweets, or mix it as a tea.)
Effects of Marijuana:
Marijuana drugs actually overactivate the parts of the brain which contain the highest number of THC receptors (THC chemical present in Cannabis). This causes the “high affects” which people feel and some of the acute effects are listed below:
- altered senses (for example, seeing brighter colors)
- altered sense of time
- changes in mood
- impaired body movement
- difficulty with thinking and problem-solving
- impaired memory
- hallucinations (when taken in high doses)
- delusions (In high doses)
- psychosis (In high doses)
It also causes temporary hallucinations and temporary paranoia.
Marijuana likewise influences mental health. At the point when individuals start utilizing weeds as youngsters, the medication may disable reasoning, memory, and learning capacities and influence how the cerebrum assembles associations between the zones important for these capacities which can act as a long term effect.
No other drug can treat the marijuana addiction. But behavioral support does play a major role in curing the addiction. Motivational incentives can also help in curing the patients.