Anxiety can give you the feeling of being restless, panicked, and nervous when you are not in danger. However, these symptoms can also be caused because of the intake of drugs or any kind of medication which you are consuming for your health conditions. It can trigger a sense of anxiety or also can worsen the effects of anxiety in the coming time. Now depression can be defined as a classified mood disorder describing the feelings of loss, sadness, anger that may interfere with the regular activities of an individual. It is a fairly common disorder as the CDC- The Centers for disease control and prevention, estimated that approximately 8.1& of Indian adults between the age of 20 and over, may have had the symptoms of depression in any given 2-week period from 2013 to 2016.
Many Drug rehabilitation center in Pune, have witnessed the signs of high anxiety among the drug addicts or even witnessed the change in attitude after intaking any medicine which is not suiting the patient’s body type. These drug rehabilitation center in Pune, over the years have seen thousands of patients visiting the centers in search of a better life, and among 60% of this population almost every other patient had the problem and symptoms of anxiety. Not only the Drug rehabilitation center in Pune, but over every other drug rehabilitation center around the globe have witnessed this theory of drugs and medics causing anxiety in a patient.
Obviously medications and drugs cause different side effects in different people, but some of the anxiety symptoms seen in both are the same. They may include the following:
- Medications with caffeine: Many headache and migraine medicines include a large consistency of caffeine. Caffeine is also included in many types of drugs which stimulate your nervous system taking your heart and blood pressure on the rise and making you feel completely nervous, anxious and jittery. If one already has issues of anxiety, the consumption of such medicine or drugs can cause you a hell of a roller coaster making you feel depressed at a point, however after consumption will take you into a hyper-active mode. Some of the medicine names consisting caffeine are as follows:
- Aspirin, acetaminophen, and caffeine (Excedrin Migraine)
- Aspirin and caffeine (Anacin)
- Ergotamine and caffeine (Cafergot, Migergot), also called ergots, which treat migraines
- Corticosteroids: These are mainly a type of drugs which work with your hormones your body makes and treat the conditions of allergies, arthritis, bronchitis and asthma. The doctors are still not sure why these drugs make people anxious, depressed and irritable at times but they do increase the level of anxiety after consumption.
- ADHD Drugs: These come in drugs and in medication forms as well and are usually categorized under stimulants, which mean they rev up your brain. These types also change the working of your nerve cells sending messages and make you feel restless and anxious, especially when you are taking a very high dose. Also, mood changes are one of the common side effects of this drug or medication, which can make you anxious at one point but in the next minute can also make you feel depressed.